Sunday 3 February 2013

Top Artists for 2013: 1. Macklemore

Every year there are amazing new aritsts that have a huge influence on their genre. Remember Jessie J in 2011, Elbow in 2010, Emeli Sande in 2012? And those are just the winners of the Brits Choice Award or Mercury Prizes!

I have a personal list of the top 10 artists I personally think will be HUGE this year!! Keep your ears peeled and remember the names of these amazing new (and some old) artists!

1. Macklemore
Check out this phenomenal rapper from Seattle, US! With an amazing no.1 album 'Heist' with Ryan Lewis, there is no end to this man's talent. Slick lyrics, sick beats & an extremely hard working spirit make Macklemore a truly complex performer and talent not to be messed with. I fell in love with his humour in 'Thrift Shop' his emotional and brutally honest life story in 'The Otherside' and his absolute dance tune 'Can't hold us'. I heard 'Thrift shop' on the radio in the UK for the first time and actually screamed that FINALLY his music has crossed the Atlantic! I am so excited for what he has to offer this year if his sucess of last year in the US is anything to go by. And trust me, if he's playing any shows over here, I will be the first in line. 

Check out the video for 'Thrift shop' (above) and 'Otherside' (below).

No comments:

Post a Comment