Saturday 23 February 2013

Top Artists of 2013: 3. Laura Mvula

This beautiful young talent from Birmingham and BRITS Critic's choice nominee, Laura Mvula is certainly one of the women of the moment. With a degree in composition under her belt it's clear her musical talent has been honed and perfected; with  an amazing vocal, lyrical and musical capability.

With comparisons to Nina Simone and Janelle Monae, what is not to like about Miss Mvula?
My favourite song on her EP 'She' is the title track 'She'. Check it out below! It is a stunning vocal performance. I find it difficult to describe her overall style,  so I'' throw some words out there -'soulful', 'colourful' and 'powerful'.


'She'- Laura Mvula


'Sing to the Moon' her debut album is available on 4th March of which I will certainly be purchasing! Her new single 'Green Garden' (below) also showcases a Janelle Monae-esque attitude to rhythm and vocals which I absolutely love! 

Green Garden'- Laura Mvula

 

If you can't wait till March to hear the album (like me), check out her EP 'She' here: 'She' EP- Laura Mvula- show the love! :)
Laura Mvula is definitely going to be a force to be reckoned with in 2013, and I wish her the beset of luck! Can't wait to hear what she does next. 

Follow Laura (as if we're besties) here: @lauramvula and on her Facebook here:  https://www.facebook.com/lauramvulamusic



1 comment: