Friday 8 February 2013

Top Artists of 2013: 2. Tom Odell

I cannot get enough of Tom Odell. I heard about him at the end of last year and immediately fell in love. Maybe it's his lyrics- honest, moving and even brutal at times in 'Another love'; maybe it's his magical piano skills...or maybe it's just the hair...  
Whatever my true motivation for turning into a fan girl over his music, Mr Odell is going to be EVERYWHERE this year. Anyone that makes Taylor Swift's original sound pants MUST be talented. I'm of course referring to his live lounge cover of 'I knew you were trouble' by good old Taylor Swift.

Oh and did I mention he's the winner of the BRITs Critics Choice Award 2013? Previous winners include Emeli Sande, Jessie J, Florence and the Machine, Ellie Goulding and Adele. In fact, Tom is the first male winner of the award (double applaud)!!

Anyway, his album 'Long way down' is out soon (April 15th to be exact) and it's on my pre-order list already! Pre order here: 'Long way down'- Tom Odell (pre-order album)


But, in the 66 days till his album release (not that I'm counting), check out his videos for 'Another Love', 'Can't Pretend', 'Sense' and his live lounge cover of 'I knew you were trouble' by Taylor Swift!
















Oh, and he's got a blog too! http://tomodell.com Follow him- show the love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment