Sunday 28 April 2013

Top Artist of 2013: 6- 10!!

Oh wow, I haven't posted in ages! I've been so busy with work that I have neglected this blog entirely. I now have compiled the last of my Top Artist list from 6-10! Hope you enjoy.


6. Jake Bugg
Fast becoming one of the most outspoken musician in the industry, Jake Bugg is forgiven due to his incredible talent. He's already been compared to the likes of Bob Dylan which can only mean great things are yet to come for this Nottingham singer/songwriter. My favourite songs include 'Seen it all' and 'Broken'.

Check out the video for 'Seen it all' above! His self titled album 'Jake Bugg' is available from iTunes here! You will not regret it.

7. Haim
Sister trio Haim are kicking up a storm in the music and fashion industries worldwide. Effortlessly cool and oozing kickassness (I'm sure that's not a word), it's incredible to see such a breath of fresh air this year with a girl group who play their own instruments, write and sing their own songs!! After hearing their free EP 'Forever' and 'Falling' and supporting acts such as Mumford and Sons, Florence and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros its clear these sisters are making a huge impression on the music industry. Can't wait to see them on the 6th July this year either!

Check out my fave song 'Don't save me' and 'Better Off' below. Oh and buy their EP!! :)




8. Kendrick Lamar
This rapper has literally come from no where with explosive catchy rhymes similar to Kanye's earlier music back in '06. I first heard his 'Backstreet Freestyle' on Radio 1 in December (that long ago) and now I'm obsessed. Blasting 'Swimming Pools' at ever house party or whilst I'm getting ready for a night out is bound to get you HYPED. Check out his album 'Good Kid, M.A.A.D city' produced by Dre himself and featuring other explosive rappers Drake, Jay Rock and Dr Dre. Lamar has recently opened for ASAP Rocky and 2 Chainz, making him one of the best up and coming rappers of 2013!

Check out 'Poetic Justice' feat. Drake and my fave 'Backstreet Freestyle'.



9. Iggy Azalea
FINALLY a white female rapper who can actually put Azelia to shame. I just went there. Australian born rapper Iggy Azalea (not to be confused with Azelia) is now on my top 5 favourite rappers of all time. I might do a separate post about that actually. I first heard Iggy through my 16 year old sister blasting 'PU$$Y' on her speakers. Highly inappropriate, I know. I had words with her afterwards. However, now I'm hooked. Lyrically and beat-wise. Please listen to 'Work' her debut single in the UK out now and 'Murda Bizness' ft. T.I!






10. The Return of the 90s!
From TV shows including My Mad Fat Diary to The Big Reunion; fashion pieces including jelly shoes, dungarees and eccentrically coloured shirts and old school tunes seemingly coming back into the charts from no where (PJ and Duncan at no. 1!!) I think it's safe to say we're all experiencing sever 1990s fever. I for one LOVE IT. The music from the 90s was some of the best ever made, and I'm not even ashamed to admit that I frequently download old school tunes from time to time. Ok all the time. The 90s were a happy time, I was born, the recession from the 80s was over, Freddos were 5p- life was pretty dandy. And now, when times are worse people look back and wonder "Whatever happened to Aqua?" and a new wave of 90s nostalgia begins. Enjoy my top tunes from one of the best decades ever! #90sisbackalright

1. Vanilla Ice- Ice, Ice Baby (1990)

2. Bryan Adams- (Everything I do) I do it for you, 1991


3. Whitey Houston- I will always love you (1992)

4. Gabrielle- Dreams, 1993



4. Coolio- Gangster's Paradise, 1995




5. Oasis- Don't look back in anger, 1996


6. Hanson- Mmmm Bop, 1997




7. R. Kelly- I believe I can fly, 1997


8. Celine Dion- My heart will go on, 1998




9. Ricky Martin- Livin' la vie da loca, 1999


10. Spice Girls- Viva Forever, 1999

....I didn't even include Vengaboys, S Club 7, Blur, Boyzone, B WItched, Cher, Britney Spears, Elton John, Westlife, Take That, Eiffel 65, Aqua, Eternal, Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, Shaggy, Mariah Carey, East 17, Boys II Men, Will Smith, Queen, George Michael or Kylie Minogue. All of which made the 1990s iconic and great.

















No comments:

Post a Comment